#DalPakwan, a popular and filling authentic sindhi breakfast delicacy which comes with crisp puri’s and spicy chana dal.
1. 1 cup arhar dal
2. 1 cup chana dal
3. Salt as required
4. Haldi powder 1 teaspoon
5. Zeera 1 teaspoon
6. Hing a pinch
7. Dry red chilli 2-3
8. Green Chilli 2
9. Dry dhaniya powder 1 spoon
10. Garam Masala ½ teaspoon
11. Kashmiri lal mirch ½ teaspoon
12. 1 lemon
13. Dhaniya chopped
14. Ginger a small piece
15. Ghee 2 tablespoon
1. Wash dal and soak it for an hour.
2. Pour 1-2 tsp oil in cooker and allow it to heat. Add hing, and chopped onions and fry.
3. Add chopped green chillies too. Now add the soaked dal, turmeric powder and salt. Add little water and close the lid.Wait for the whistle.
4. Open the lid and check the dal, it shouldn’t be too mushy.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in another pan and prepare a tempeing of cumin seeds. Add this tempering to dal, let it simmer.
Pro Tip: While serving, sprinkle some aamchur powder, chilli powder, coriander leaves, and tamarind chutney with chopped onions.
To make the puris:
1. Combine the flour in a deep bowl, and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
2. Divide dough into 12-15 portions and roll out like a chappati.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai, and carefully on medium flame fry the puris. Serve along with the above prepared dal.