- 500 grams Beetroot diced (about 2 big beets)
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil (sesame, sunflower or vegetable oil works fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies chopped (thai or serrano)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 big red onion chopped.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Steam the beetroot to your preference. ( al-dente or fully cooked)
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and add in the urad dal, mustard seeds, and the cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add in the green chillies, ginger, and curry leaves all at once. Fry for a bare minute.
- Add in the onions and the salt. Sauté until soft and tender.
- Add in the steamed beetroot and sauté until combined. Add in the shredded coconut and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot rice.