Nothing can beat the authentic taste of nicely cooked Rajma rice. But what brings that unbeatable taste out? Nourish Unpolished Rajma Sharmili is your best option not only because it is unpolished but also because it is rich in all the essential nutrients like dietary fibres, iron, minerals, proteins, vitamins etc. These legumes also support better functioning of your brain and nervous system. Nourish Unpolished Rajma Sharmili has the true velvety texture and mouth-watering flavour that authentic Rajma is supposed to have.
Rajma Sharmili’s unique texture, flavour and taste make it perfect for various traditional dishes. Whether making a hearty rajma masala, a nutritious salad or a simple bean soup, this legume adds flavour and nutrition to your meals.
- A mild, sweet flavour that works well in salads, soups, main dishes and appetisers
- Rich in folate
- Rich in manganese
- Good source of potassium
Nutritional Value Per 100 g
Calories: 344 kcal
Total Fat: 1.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1.7 mg
Potassium: 685.9 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 60.5 g
Dietary Fibre: 20.6 g
Protein: 20.8 g
Iron: 5.5 mg
Calcium: 161.3 mg
Magnesium: 171.8 mg
Phosphorus: 361.5 mg
Copper: 0.7 mg
- Once opened, store the beans in an airtight container in a cool, dry place like a pantry.
- Avoid storing them in a damp container.
- You can keep them in a container or bag that’s safe for freezing and store them in the freezer for a maximum of 6 months.
- Uncooked beans can last up to a year when stored properly. However, it’s best to use them within 6-8 months for optimal freshness and quality.
- Before cooking, sort the beans and remove any debris or damaged beans. Rinse the beans under running water.
- Soak the beans overnight or for at least 6 hours. This will help to reduce the cooking time and make them more digestible.
- After soaking, drain the water and rinse the beans again. In a pot, add the beans and enough water to cover them by about an inch. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 45-60 minutes or until tender. If using a pressure cooker, cook for 15-20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once cooked, the rajma can be used in various dishes like rajma masala, rajma chawal, or rajma soup. Add your favourite spices and vegetables to create a flavourful and nutritious meal.