Considered one of the healthiest forms of salt, in Ayurveda, the Sendha Namak or Pink Rock Salt is the purest type of salt that is devoid of any chemical components. It forms when water from a lake or sea evaporates and leaves behind sodium chloride crystals. It has many health benefits like treating colds and coughs, aiding in digestion and improving eyesight.
- Helps treat cough, cold and stomach conditions
- Aids digestion
- May improve skin health
Nutritional value per 100 gm
Energy – 12.85 kcal
Protein – 0.0 g
Carbohydrates – 1.84 g
Fat – 0.61 g
- Keep in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from direct sunlight
- Store it in an airtight container to retain fragrance
- You can add them to your regular meals as a substitute for your regular salt.
- It is also used commonly in many religious fast meals.