Nourish Gond Katira is a gum naturally obtained from the extract (sap) of various species of the herb Astragalus. The gum is viscous (jelly-like), odourless and has no specific taste. It is known to boost stamina and health and improve digestion, thereby supporting in weight management. Gond katira is used as an emulsifier as well as a thickening and stabilizing agent in a lot of food items, and since it’s cool in nature, it can be used in several cooling drinks like shikanji and chilled raw milk during summer as well.
- Boosts immunity
- Maintains digestive health
- Heart Healthy
Nutritional value per 100 gms
Energy – 309.18 kcal
Protein – 8.95 g
Carbohydrates – 67.86 g
Fat – 0.26 g
- You can store the fluffed Gond Katira for 4 – 5 days on the upper shelf of the refrigerator and use it as and when needed.
- Don’t use airtight container.
- Use gond katira as an ingredient in regular water, lemonade, milkshakes, etc. to make your drink more refreshing and cool.
- Ground gond katira into a paste to be used to treat burn marks.
- You can use gond katira as a thickness agent to be added in sauce, paste, food and cuisines to add extra texture.
- To get a good night and relaxed sleep, add gond katira to a warm glass of milk and drink it right before you sleep.