Simple, nutritious and flavorful, The #PanchmelDal is a blend of 5 different lentils with some basic Indian spices. A Rajasthani special, this protein packed dal is Baati and Chokha. It goes well even with some steamed rice.
- 2 cup multigrain atta
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup ghee / clarified butter
- water to knead
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 brinjal roasted on open fire
- 2 small tomatoes roasted on open fire and deskined
- 1 table spoon Corriander finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilli
- 1 spoon mustard oil
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup moong dal dhuli
- ¼ cup each masoor dal dhuli,
- chana dal, aarhar dal and urad dal dhuli(soaked for 30 minutes).
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 green chilli, slit
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon.
Mango or green chilli pickle for serving
- In a large bowl take 2 cup multigrain flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking powder and ¼ cup ghee. Mix well making sure the dough is moist.
- Add water as required and knead the dough.
- Pinch a small ball sized dough and roll it out.
- Palce this rolled bati in electric tandoor.Cook on low for 15 minutes all sides.
- Dip the bati in ghee for more soft bati from inside.
- For dal mix all ingredients except lemon and pressure cook dal for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and tadka of ghee and red chilli powder.
- For choka mash potatoes,tomatoes, and brinjal together add corriander ,onion, green chilli,
lemon juice and mustard oil.
Serve hot and enjoy.