A rich and creamy dish, the #NavratanKorma means nine jewels and is a creamy curry whose base is made from cashews and poppy seeds and is finished off with cream to make it decadent. The combination of fruits, nuts,and cream makes this the perfectly balanced curry to be enjoyed over lunch or dinner.
- 1 spoon white pepper powder
- Badi elaichi 1/4 spoon
- Garam masala
- Kasuri methi
- 1/2 spoon elaichi powder
- Mix fruits (grapes, cherry)
- Boil or blanch carrots, potatoes and peas for 5 minutes
- Take out the above in a strainer.
- In a pan put 1 teaspoon ghee and fry the boiled vegetables for a minute and keep aside.
- Cut paneer in cubes and keep separately.
To make the gravy
- Take a handful of cashew and mix in a cup of curd
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee in kadhai or pan
- Add 1 tablespoon jeera
- Now mix kaju-curd paste in pan
- Keep mixing with spoon continuously
- Now add these in pan and add one tablespoon of white pepper
- Add a tablespoon of chilli flakes and ¼ spoon small elaichi powder
- Add 1/4 badi elaichi powder and add 1/2 spoon salt and 1/4 spoon garam masala .Now let this cook for 5 minutes
- If gravy is very thick you can add some milk
- Add 1/2 spoon crushed sugar and add 50gm khoya/mawa (this will improve gravy texture and taste). Now gravy is ready.
- Now will take all the vegetables prepared earlier , along with the paneer cubes and add it to the kadhai
- Add some mixed fruits and raisins.
- Now sprinkle 1 spoon kasuri methi
- Mix well and add 2 spoon cream on top.
Your navratan korma is ready. This recipe serves 7-8 people.