#MoongDalKachauri, quite popular in Rajasthan, it’s the perfect accompaniment to our chai.
1. 1 cup sooji
2. 1 cup maida
3. Rice flour 4 tablespoon
4. Salt as required
5. 2 tablespoon desi ghee
6. 1 cup soaked moong dal
7. 1 spoon dhaniya powder
8. 2 spoons ground moti saunf
9. Black salt ½ spoon
10. 3-4 chopped green chilli
11. Chopped green coriander
12. Refined sunflower oil
1. Firstly add 1 cup sooji to a bowl, and add warm water. Keep this for 20 mins.
2. After 20 minutes, take this sooji and add rice flour, maida, salt and desi ghee.Add required water and mix to make a dough.
3. Next, in a pan add 2 tablespoon ghee and then add the soaked moong dal and cover for 5-7 minutes.
4. Once cooked slightly, add black salt, chopped green chilli and dried dhaniya, and mix well. Cover the lid and let this cook.
5. After roughly 20 minutes, add some saunf and hara dhaniya to this mix. Cook for a minute or two and close flame.
6. Take the earlier made dough and make small pedas out of it.
7. Press into the peda to create a gap, fill in the cooked masala and close it well.
8. Now in a pan take some oil, and then add the prepared peda to it. Cook it well on both sides.
Pro Tip: Take it out on some tissue papers to soak out the extra oil.
Serve with kathal achaar or chutney.