A stuffed pastry version of pizza, the #PizzaPastaPocket is also called mini calzone by many. It’s a quick snack that you can make and a great option for when you have guests coming over.
- 1/4 th cup pizza sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Cheese as per choice
- 2 cup maida
- 1 cup nourish pasta
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Oil for frying
- Veggies as per your choice( capsicum, onion, carrot)
- Take refined flour, add salt to it, baking powder, cup oil, mix all ingredients well and knead a stiff dough.
- Take chilled water to knead the dough. Cover and keep dough aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Add oil to the wok once heated add finely chopped ginger, add finely chopped carrots, finely chopped capsicum, sweet corn onion and finely chopped .Sauté well.
- Add salt or to taste, mixed herbs, add tomato puree and boiled pasta mix well.
- Cover and cook the veggies for 2 minutes while stirring veggies. Veggies are ready, cook for ½ a minute more.
- When cool add grated mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Once dough is set, grease your hands with some oil, and knead the dough.
- Take a rolling board for rolling out the Pizza puff. Pick a dough ball. Press it and make it round. Then roll it thick.
- Once sheet is rolled mark it 9 inch in vertically, cut it.
- Once cut divide into 2 parts, Grease edges with water.
- Place the stuffing over the sheet centrally. Spread the stuffing vertically. Leave little space on the edges, to stick the other sheet over it. Lift the other sheet stick it edge to edge. Press lightly, marking the corners with fork.
- Prepare all likewise and place in a plate or tray
- Put the tray into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To fry them, place the nourish oil wok to heat. Keep the oil medium hot. Once hot put the pizza puff in oil to fry.
- Flip and deep fry it until golden brown from all sides. Once golden brown Take it out, hold the allotted ladle on the edge of the wok, then take out. It takes 6 to 7 minutes to fry all pizza puffs at once.