Crispy on the outside – ooh so tasty on the inside. We bring you #IndianMacaroons with some phirni mousse filling. Sounds interesting right? This #FitBhukkad season enjoy your macaroon without compromising on both taste and health.
• 3/4 cup multigrain aata
• 1/4 cup besan
• 60 g butter
• 50 g sugar
• 1 pinch or 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
• 10 g milk powder
• Water/milk if necessary
• 1/4 Teaspoon pista essence
• ¼ cup moong dal soaked
• ¼ cup rice soaked
• ½ litre milk
• 1 pinch cardamom
• 1/2 cup boiled pasta
• 1/4 cup maida
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1/2 cup fine sugar
• 1tsp cinnamon powder
• Pista sauce
• 2 tablespoon pista crush
• 1 pinch black salt
• 1 pinch roasted cumin powder
• Few drops of lemon juice
1. In a grinder, coarsely grind the sabut moong and rice.
2. In a pan, add some milk and add this ground mix. Keep stirring and leave to cook on low flame.
3. Make sure you keep stirring the rice mix occasionally.
4. To the cooking mix add some sugar and elaichi powder. Once it gets thick let it cool.
5. Take some butter in a bowl (around 60 grams). To this add 50 gram sugar and beat till fluffy and light.
6. To this butter mix add multigrain atta and besan and pista essence and some milk powder as well. Add 1/8th baking powder and mix. Add cold milk if it becomes crumbly.
7. Wrap in a cling wrap and keep aside. Now in a bowl take some boiled nourish pasta and in a pan add some oil. While it heats, in a bowl add some maida and sugar. Dip pasta in this maida mix and fry. In a plate take some sugar and cinnamon, and then dip the fried pasta in this dry base.
8. Meanwhile take out the dough kept aside and then make some balls out of it and leave aside for 15-20 minutes. Bake it into cookie form.
9. To make phiri mousse, take 25 grams chocolate and melt in microwave. Add some fresh cream and mix well.
10. Make the pista sauce, take pista essence add roasted cumin powder and lemon juice with black salt.
11. Plate the element; take a baking ring and a smaller baking ring to create a circle.
12. In the outer ring add the pista sauce. Mix the chocolate ganache to the whipped cream and add phirni base. Take a piping bag and add the mousse to it. Take a cookie and spread this mousse generously then take another cookie and cover.
13. Place this cookie in the center ring. Decorate the plate with pasta churros and the whipped cream along with some rose petals and pistachio.