- Cashew nuts – 1.5 cup (250 grams)
- Sugar – 1 cup (250 grams) / Jaggery.
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Take one cashew nut and divide it into two halves in long using a knife. Likewise cut each cashew nut and place them in a bowl.
- Heat a pan on a flame. Add 1 tsp ghee to it and let it melt. Then add sugar to it and mix well. Stir constantly and cook the sugar on medium flame until it melts completely.
- When the sugar melts completely, add chopped cashews to it and mix them really well. Stir to mix the cashews nicely with the melted sugar.
- Now once the cashews are mixed well to the sugar, reduce the flame to low. Grease a board with some ghee. Pour the cashew mixture over it and roll it out evenly using a rolling pin. Roll it out little thinly (grease the rolling pin with some ghee so that it gets convenient to roll out the chikki).
- After rolling out the chikki, make cut marks over it and keep aside to cool. Once the chikki cools down, separate it out using a knife from the board and place them on a serving plate.
This recipe can be made using jaggery instead of sugar as well.