Come Holi and everyone starts preparing the traditional sweets like gujjiya, halwa and much more. But this time how about some #BesanRabri with urad dal ki mathri? This #BhukkadsMarch thanks to Bhukkad Chef Seema Singh we bring you both these delights that you definitely need to try as part of your celebrations.
For besan rabri:
• Besan 1cup
• Ghee 1/2 cup
• Oil 1/2 cup
• Sugar 1cup
• Water 3 tablespoon
• Milk 500ml
• Bread 3 pcs
• Sugar 3tablespoon
• Ghee 1/2 tablespoon
• Cardamom powder 1/4 tablespoon
• Tutti – frutti
• 12.chopped mix dry fruits
1. Sabut urad 1 cup
2. Maida 2cup
3. Sooji 1cup
4. Saunf powder 1tablespoon
5. Chopped coriander 2tablespoon
6. Hing 1/3 tablespoon
7. Dry mango powder1/2 tablespoon
8. Red chilli flakes 1/2 tablespoon
9. Ghee 2 tablespoon
10. Azwain 1 tablespoon
11. Black pepper 1/4 tablespoon
12. Kasuri methi 1/4 spoon
13. Oil for deep frying
14. Ginger n chilli
15. Black gram soaked in water for 6-7 hrs.
16. Salt to taste
1. Take a frying pan and add oil and ghee. Add sugar and cook on medium heat and keep aside.
2. Add 3 tablespoon water and cook for 7-8 minutes.
3. For crumble add 1cup besan and cook for 6-7 minutes.
4. Add oil and ghee mixture in small batches.Keep stirring.
1. Take 500ml milk and cook on medium heat
2. Add bread crumbs and cook on medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 50 minutes.
3. Add sugar,ghee,cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Keep aside and cool.
5. Now we ready to serve our dish. Take a glass and add the dish in layers. Fill half shot glass with crumble mixture, add second layer of tutti frutti.Top it up with rabdi and garnish with chopped nuts.
1. Take 2 cup maida and 1cup sooji in a bowl. Add ground urad paste, ghee 5 tablespoons,salt, saunf powder,hing,1/2dry mango powder,1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder,1/4 tsp ajwain,black pepper,1/2 tsp kasuri methi and mix well.
2. Add sufficient amount of water and knead it into medium dough.
3. Cover it with cloth and rest for 20 minutes.
4. Take the dough and roll it out in the desired shape.
5. Heat oil in a pan and keep flame on medium
6. Once oil gets hot dip the puri, and fry until golden and crispy