Once you have it, you’re never going to love traditional wonton again. The #DateandWalnutPotli is an uber rich and healthy twist to the regular wontons with the added goodness of walnuts and cinnamon.
1. 100 grams seedless dates
2. ½ cup walnuts kernels
3. 16 wonton wrappers
4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
5. ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
6. 2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
7. Oil for deep frying
1. Boil water in non-stick pan and add seedless dates. Cook till soft strain and chop the dates.
2. Put dates, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon powder in another bowl and mix. Divide the mixture into sixteen equal portions.
3. Put refined flour in medium bowl, add two tablespoons water and mix well.
4. Place a portion of date and walnut mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper, wet the edges with the refined flour mixture fold into half and twist the ends and stick.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a wok, add stuffed wontons and deep fry for a couple of minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
6. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot.