A quick tea time snack that is the perfect recipe to relish on with that hot cuppa tea. This #BhukkadsMarch we’re bringing you the #AchariPoti. Thanks to Bhukkad Chef Aanchal Sharma we’ve got a great accompaniment to our tea.
• 400 gm Maida
• 100 gm Sooji
• Refined Oil
• 1/4 tablespoon Zeera
• 2 cup Dhooli Moong Dal
• 2 tablespoon Ghee
• 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain
• 1/2 teaspoon Heeng
• 8-10 Aam ka Achaar (Deseeded)
• 1/4 tablespoon Garam Masala
• 1.5 teaspoon Corriander powder
• 1.5 teaspoon Sauf Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli
• 1/2 inch Ginger
• 4-5 Green Chilli
• Chopped Hara Dhaniya
1. In a mixing bowl take Maida, Sooji, Salt Ghee, Ajwain, heeng and rub with hands to create dough.
2. Soak Moong dal for at least 2 hours, drain it and grind it as a paste along with achaar, salt, green chilli .
3. Take a kadai put oil of the achaar to sauté. Add zeera, dal paste, heeng, garam masala, red chilli powder, sauf powder, coriander powder. Sauté in low flame till its golden brown. Now keep it a side till it is at room temperature.
4. In dal piththi add dhaniya and chopped ginger.
5. Make small balls of dough and fill the pithi in it to give a shape of potli.
6. Now put oil in a kadai and when warmed, add the potlis in it. Now in low flame fry the potlis after few minutes flip the potlis. We need to flip the potlis till its golden brown.
7. Now the Potlis are ready to serve with Green chutney, Imli chutney, Tomato sauce or Schezwan sauce.