Whip up a soft, moist and delicious cake recipe that is quick to make and is the perfect accompaniment to your hot cup of tea. The #AlmondOrangeTeaCake is an eggless cake flavoured with a slight tinge of orange juice and topped with some healthy dry fruits.
- Curd 180 gm
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 30 ml refined oil
- Handful of almonds
- 1 ½ cup maida
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Orange gest
- 3-4 cloves
- To begin making the Eggless Whole Wheat And Orange Almond Cake, firstly sift the flour with baking soda, salt and baking powder. Cream the butter and oil. Add the almond meal and mix everything well.
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degree C, line a cake pan and grease/line with parchment.
- The next step is to mix the liquids. Mix curd, orange juice, , vanilla essence (optional)
- Add the above flour mixture and some of the nuts in the liquid. Make sure that everything is mixed well.
- Transfer the lumpy mass into a cake pan and top it with chopped almond.
- Bake for 30 mins or till done. After 30 minutes, cool the cake for a few minutes and it is ready to be served.
- Enjoy the Eggless Orange Almond Cake with hot Masala chai and Carrot and Peas Sandwich during your tea time.